What do you prefer and use for a web browser?

Started by TRNBUF, July 08, 2007, 12:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRNBUF

What do you prefer and use for a web browser - Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape or something else?

I'm looking towards firefox or should I stay with Explorer?

Thanks,
~Mike

nscnotp1

We are using Explorer but I have used Firefox in the past and I like it better.

cmherndon

Mozilla Firefox.  I've been a faithful user for close to three years and absolutely love it.  It's certainly the best browser I've ever used.  You won't be disappointed if you try it out.
Caleb M. Herndon, KK4CDT
Frankfort, KY
http://www.cmherndon.com

"The human mind is like a railroad freight car; guaranteed to have a certain capacity, but often running empty."

E.M. Bell

Mozilla Firefox with a crap load of the add on modules that go with it.. No fuss, no worries. I havnt seen a pop up add or other noxious spam type crap for over two years now.

IE...what a joke.....
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

Definately go with FOX. There are a ton of add ons that will do everything but get you another beer from the fridge, and they do a great job at killing popups and spam.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

ssw9662

I switched over from IE to Firefox a few months ago and I've never looked back. It's so much better viewing sites without banner ads all over the place. There are several features in Firefox that are much better than anything I've seen in Internet Explorer.

E.M. Bell

The nice thing about Firefox is that it is more or less open access. There are a ton a second party add ons that make the functionality of the program even better. No pop up adds, bad cookies, redirects ect. Go to a place like RP.net and never see a add or popup.. (People have gotten banned from the RP forums for suggesting that)  A few of my favorites are....

Add Block Plus with the updated filter sets.

NoScript.  Blocks unwanted Java apps that could contain trojans, and other bad things

I also use extensions such as fasterfox, header spy, tab browser updates, Show Ip ect... 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

TRNBUF

Thanks guys for all your input, I'm heading for the Fox!!! ;)

~Mike

bickhart814

explorer seems to work great on most sites   but I do use firefox and Netscape sometimes. :) :)

LexRailfan

Firefox with Adblock Plus, etc. Also, should you find a page that *requires* IE, just use a plugin called IE Tab.  Seems to work well, even with the Microsoft Update page bizarrely enough.

Tristan Garrett

Wow. Where have I been on this one?

To follow up what EMB said above, Firefox is not only designed to be extensible, but it is (of course) free, completely  open-source and user modifiable. I love pointing out how this is in a stark contrast to the closed model (and Swiss cheese security record) of IE. It's nice for both ideological and technical reasons.

Back to the topic, though... add me to the list of staunch Firefox users here. I wouldn't use anything less (cough, IE) on my desktop. I also use Lynx on my server.

TG

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk