Oh the Irony...

Started by JtBurKe, July 31, 2013, 07:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JtBurKe

After being intimidated by the crew of T58 who called me in while I was watching them, I left and as I was leaving to head back home I saw a billboard as I was stopped at the light. It took me a moment to realize what I was looking at, but then it hit me. If you know Knoxville well enough, you'll get it immediately, but for those of you who don't here's the explanation: This NS crossing safety billboard is sitting in front of CSX's KD Sub bridge, probably to target the UTK student populous. I came back today after work to grab a poor shot of it with a CSX train passing it.

Ironic or intentional?

AFT2101

I am amazed at how many tresspassers are struck, killed etc... here in East Tennessee. NS got one in Loudon last week.

MotoLinz

Sorry, I'm train-specifics ignorant, but what's the T58, and where'd you have the problem? You will see my Volvo stalking around every scrap of that area on Sunday mornings, but I've never had an issue with anything. Maybe the benefits of having kids in the car?

Anyway - funny juxtaposition with the billboard. Though, I'm not convinced that half the folks in my classes at UT can read, soooooo...

And, AFT is right - the Knoxville metro seems to have an extremely high number of trespassing deaths. You hear about CSX hitting someone in Blount County all the dang time. Kids are always all over the tracks at Anchor Park in Farragut. Astonishing.

AFT2101

T58 is a Knoxville district train symbol. It is my understanding that regularly scheduled trains are assigned a symbol.  202, T15, 55A 24G etc....   I hear them called on the scanner all the time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk