Article in hometown paper

Started by NSMoWandS, May 18, 2013, 02:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSMoWandS

E.M. Bell

Absolutely excellent Dan!

Its great that your stood up for your (our) rights, and it had such a positive outcome.  The horror stories we have all had about this type of thing is enough to make some folks just quit the hobby all together, and that is just not right.   Thanks for sharing this with us, and keep up the good work.. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Badhorse79

Well ill be a son of a bi.... !!!!  ;D  that's to awesome for words Dan

thpbears

Finally. I have not been run off by any Police latley actually had a few stop and take pics with me. Sometimes while me and 9 year old sitting in a church parking lot trackside they may come up and ask if everything is okay? That I can understand due to the theifs and doppers. But usrally I show the camara and of course the Boss shows the scanner they wave and say have fun. But like everything there is always that one percent that has to take it to a crazy level. Glad you got them on track with what we do.(That last sentence was kinda cute.) ;) Of course kinda glad it happened Dan cause we got to see more layout pics.

dschlegel

Great article, and cool pictures of your layout!

I don't always agree with the ACLU's causes, but in this case I 100% agree and am thankful for your victory.

PA Dan

Badhorse79

Wow I didn't even notice there were more pictures ! Congrats by the way , and I'm glad ya fought for your rights like EM said people stop enjoying the hobby being chased off all the time ! maybe this will trickle out to other cities and states !

Matt L

Nice Job, Dan! The western NY chapter of the ACLU has a member who is a railfan, and he's made it quite clear that he will defend anyone taking rail photos from public property. Our hobby is not a crime, and we shouldn't be treated like troublemakers. Thank you for sharing the article. 
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk