NS bridge in Durham NC is hard on trucks

Started by AFT2101, February 17, 2013, 11:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFT2101

MotoLinz

I saw something similar happen - at a much lower speed - at the bridge where Boyd Station Ts into Martel. More hilarious than the truck hitting the bridge (I admit it - I'm immature, and that stuff makes me laugh) were the three construction workers standing around trying to figure out what to do about it.

nsrlink

It's actually pretty well known, (maybe even famous,) in the local area.
The bridge even has its own website:  http://11foot8.com
Enjoy watching the numerous crashes till your heart is content.   :D
60 crashes in to the bridge (or more accurately, the crash beam) since April 2008.   :o

GP30Rider

We have our own form of similar entertainment right here in North Knoxville where Central Avenue goes under the K&O between Bradford and the intermediates at Black Oak.

AFT2101

Quote from: MotoLinz on February 17, 2013, 07:46:59 PM
I saw something similar happen - at a much lower speed - at the bridge where Boyd Station Ts into Martel. More hilarious than the truck hitting the bridge (I admit it - I'm immature, and that stuff makes me laugh) were the three construction workers standing around trying to figure out what to do about it.

LOL! Yes that bridge at Martel and Boyd Station has snagged more than one brain dead driver.  I didn't see it happen but happened to arrive at that very spot one morning, and there was a U-Haul rental truck wedged under the bridge.  I laughed and detoured around.

Maybe they need a cam at that location.

SOU91

There is a bridge not too far down the line that's 11'4. I've seen numerous trucks get stuck under it. It still has the old SR logos on it too.  8)
William
Modeling Southern Railway 1975-1980

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk