Totally off topic- and a little depressing

Started by dschlegel, February 07, 2013, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dschlegel

I had to put my dog down today, she had an inoperable mass that slowly killed her. She was the best friend I ever had, and I know she's in a much better place.

Anyway, she was my railfanning buddy, and I have many many great memories.

Instead of sitting around in a depressed state, I am at my folks house (where she's now resting for eternity) celebrating her life and telling fun stories of her life.

Here's a photo of Madle in better days, and a photo of the label of our beer of choice tonight.

Here's to Man's best friend!

Ponce de Leon

You have my complete sympathy. We have had that same experience a few times in our lives, and it's quite sad. Our most beloved dog had to be put down in 1996, and my wife can barely stand to talk about it to this day. He was 15 years old, and was truly a member of our family.

So---I understand your loss. She's looks like she was a real sweetie!
Ron Flanary

thpbears

My prayers with you. I have had this happen and its like losing part of yourself. Hopefully time will heal and part of your compannion will always live inside you. Again Sorry

dschlegel

She was such a kind hearted dog, and had a great sense of humor. I appreciate the replies and kind words, thank you!
We were lucky to know this was coming, and we feel grateful that we were allowed 2.5 months to spend with her before she had to go.
Thanks again everyone!
Dan in Topton, PA

Badhorse79

Sorry to hear that Dan!  :'( She was a cute lil pup! 

fireball451

Really tough to lose a dog. Even tougher when you have to get them put down. I lost my German Shepherd a few years ago that I had for over twelve years. I was going through the torture of trying to decide when it was time to have him put down as he was struggling. I feel like I was lucky to come home to find he had passed instead of having him put to sleep. When I as around him, he was always happy and wanting to play although he was getting to where he just couldn't. And knowing how he went off at strangers, I hated that to be the last moments with him as the vet would have to put him to sleep.

NSMoWandS

Trainman24210

I am sure you provided your pooch a great life.   Knowing that is one of the great joys of owning a pet.  We had tried several dogs that didn't "take".  We then got a little shih tzu that wormed her way into ours hearts.  The first great dog since my childhood.  Just the thought of losing her strikes fear into my heart.  Finding another one to love will not diminish your esteem for her.

Sid

MotoLinz

I'm so sorry. :(

Madle was lovely. You can't beat a good dog, and I hope you're comforted by the good memories.

Matt L

Sorry for you loss, Dan. My terrier Angus used to come with me to watch the Bath & Hammondsport RR when I was a young 'un. Dogs have many talents... and being a chasing buddy is one of them.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

chipallen16

I said a little prayer for you, Dan. I lost my dog two summers ago while on a mission trip. We got 7 extra years with her that we didn't expect- 14 amazing years total. Just thinking about her brought me to tears again. You never know what you have until it's gone... that's why we've got to make the most of every little thing we're blessed with!

-Chip  :)

dschlegel

Wow, thanks again everyone for the kind words. I really appreciate it.
Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk