Tethering wireless with smartphones

Started by billworsham, February 04, 2013, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billworsham

Does anyone on this forum use an iphone application for tethering, which you would recommend?  If so, what kind of results are you getting?

E. Hodgson

iPhone should tether natively within the settings menu.

billworsham

What I am looking for is to use my iphone as a wireless internet connection for my laptop computer (tethering).  Just wanted to be more specific as to my intent with the first post.

I did an App Store search but nothing turned up that fits what I am trying to do.  I know other people are able to tether their smartphones with wireless internet for their laptops or PCs.

Any help is appreciated.

E. Hodgson

If you goto settings>personnel hotspot that is wireless tethering I believe every iphone from 3GS beyond does it natively. Some carriers charge some don't.

Eric

billworsham

I have an iphone.  There is no setting for personal hotspot.

E. Hodgson

Try settings>general>cellular>personal hotspot if not there what model you have?

dschlegel

I know with AT&T they require that you have the 5Gig data plan in order to use an IPhone as a hotspot, on the 4S the place to set it up is Settings-General-Cellular- personal hotspot.

GP30Rider

I believe the days of unlimited data while tethering or using the mobile hotspot are gone so be sure you don't rack up a big bill. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk