NS West End Dispatcher for TD3

Started by csx6900, November 27, 2011, 11:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csx6900

Hi all-

I have completed the programming for the West End Dispatcher territory.  It is ready for BETA testing before the final release!  If you are interested in testing it out, please shoot me a PM!  I've only got 1 so far.  I would like at least 2 more!

-Evan
Owner and Administrator of RailSightings.com

E.M. Bell

I will take a crack at it...its just about the time of year to fire up TD3...to cold and cloudy for the real thing. Feel free to email me the files if you want.

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

csx6900

Thanks, Emmett!  I'll send them to you ASAP.  I've never shared a TD3 territory before though.  What files do I need to send you?  I know you need at least the .trk file, but what about the .tds file, the .txt file (the "comments" file), and the .ssm file?

-Evan

E.M. Bell

you sent everything I needed...got it to load right up. I will give it a whirl in a day or two... Looks good from what I have saw so far!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

csx6900

Thanks Emmett!

Just a note for you and the other BETA tester(s):

Please read the comments file that comes with the territory!  It helps you understand a lot of the operations on the territory, especially regarding the way I set up the TWC sections.  Crew calling and other aspects are also addressed in the comments file.

Also, you will notice that every train for every day is individually programmed.  For example, on an average TD3 territory, if train "1" runs Monday through Friday, then there will be one version of train 1 created with boxes checked for Monday through Friday.  The only problem with this is that it takes away from the randomness and unpredictability of the operations.  You know that every day Monday through Friday, train 1 will show up at the exact same time at the exact same length and do the same amount of work.

What I did to combat this problem is create an individual train for every day.  For example, if train 1 runs Monday through Friday, I create train "1-01" (-01 corresponding to the originating calendar day) for Monday only.  It will arrive on the territory at a unique time and length for Monday.  Then for Tuesday, I create train "1-02", and I give it a different entrance time, length, etc.  And so the pattern goes on.  I did this for just about every train on the territory (barring short-distance locals like T36, T38, etc), so each day of the simulation has its own totally unique and different play.  There is very rarely a repeated situation on the territory.

Again, I would like to thank the people who volunteered information and especially those that volunteered to BETA test the territory.  Please keep a list of the issues that you encounter.  Enjoy!

-Evan

dragonoz

can't wait tell you put this out for the public, sounds more fun with the random call times.

NSMoWandS

If anyone is interested... I make a TD3 layout for NS's Reading, PA area. The time frame is 2007-2008. Just contact me if you want a copy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk