My final chase for Summer 2011

Started by Matt L, September 20, 2011, 06:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

The manifest freight continues its journey-the train would halt near the eastern end of the yard.

Photo taken by me Fri 9/16/2011 in Cheektowaga, NY. 
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

After manifest freight cleared, GP38-2 #5666 resumed switching operations.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

Number 5666 runs light through Bison Yard.

Matt L

This pair of locomotives (which I'd seen earlier in the day at Blasdell) were started and ran light through the yard. 

Matt L

The SD60 is part of a batch of ex-UP units that NS purchased earlier this year. A few of them have been sent to upstate NY.

Matt L

Shuffling light power at Bison Yard.

Matt L

Another set of locomotives was fired up at Bison Yard... and judging from the smoke it looks almost like literal fire!

Photo taken by me Fri 9/16/2011 in Cheektowaga, NY. At this point, it was time for dinner and I left shortly after this shot was taken. I hope y'all have enjoyed this pictorial. The trip was certainly a good time for me.

thpbears

Nice Pics. Your last chase was almost better than my whole summer chases except for my wonderful wife and 7 year old in Chattanooga a few weekends ago.

Matt L

Quote from: thpbears on September 21, 2011, 07:16:28 PM
Nice Pics. Your last chase was almost better than my whole summer chases except for my wonderful wife and 7 year old in Chattanooga a few weekends ago.

Wow! Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy my trips to Buffalo... but it is nice to know NS fans from other parts of the country enjoy the pics, too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk