Kings Mountain this morning

Started by butch, November 17, 2012, 11:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch

I got a couple of decent shots at Kings Mtn this morning, and caught the last train again at Dead Ox Hollow.
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

butch

Butch Adkins

NSyorktown

Your pics #2 versus #3 in the first gallery . . . I always try to get a photo of "knocking down the signal" as the lights switch from green to red.  Spent almost three hours on the Rt. 501 bridge last summer, and never could get the exact timing.  That includes putting my camera into sports mode, and clicking off 25 images a second.

Looked like a great day!

butch

I was a great day-the agenda revolved around shooting some old Rathole tunnels, but I got lucky on trains showing up at the right time.  As for timing the signal shots; in the interest of full disclosure, the train was just crawling up the grade.  Thanks.
Butch Adkins

Matt L

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

E.M. Bell

yea..you never mentioned catching that 7054... An untouched GP50 LEADING a mainline train is just about as rare as that CR motor, and that is one of the very few (maybe the only) GP50 in new HH paint.

Jealous I am, lucky you are  :P
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

Thanks.  And as for 7054, I just wanted to see if you'd notice.   :) 
Butch Adkins

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk