EMD data for newer locos

Started by Badhorse79, August 24, 2010, 09:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Does anyone know of a decal set that has EMD data I was hoping Shellscale would ! But he's has GE as far as I can see .... I have recieved a email that the hobbyshop I go to said that the SD70ACe from Athearn  are being shipped within the next few weeks hopfully this is true and by this time next moth I'll be scootin my across my layout that's not yet complete lol anyway thanks for any help 

NSMoWandS

Badhorse,
Microscale has a couple of different sets. I think there IS a set for SD70ACe's. Hope this helps!

Badhorse79

Yeah I guess I should of checked there but they have a butt load of decals to search through but I found a 70 series set ... But I can't wait to see what all the fuss is about these athearn ACe's hopfully the hype is worth it I never had any issue with athearn so I'm sure it'll be worth it . Athearn finally has model pics of them on their site and the conductor side is alot different than I expected after comparing them with the Dash2's I might just   Keep it in the primer till NS orders them lol or maybe i'll just paint in NS but not number it yeah that's what I'll do 

MP15NUT

if you want to wait, athearn's next SD70 is going to be the M-2
MP15NUT
Modeling the NS Delmarva Secondary as the Delmarva Central

delcrr.webs.com
DELC is now on facebook!
Just search Delmarva Central!

Badhorse79

Yeah I know I'm an impulse buyer lol I'm just happy athearn released them before the world came to an end how long ago was it they got the stuff from T55 I'm sure they still don't know NS Dash9's have high headlights

Backyard

8) I'd recommend waiting, Athearn has become quite obsessed in attention to detail!

You probably won't need to add anything.
Backyard/Allen

NSMoWandS

I bought two AC4400's from atheran in CSX YN3 paint and the front and rear handrails were all blue. I painted them yellow and painted the cab roof white. Other than that... the model were great!

Badhorse79

Don't get me wrong guys! I love athearn,  I just was venting about the wait time, I paid up front for it and like MP said the release of the Dash2's will be shortly after and I shoulda waited but I always get giddy and  buy stuff first, then think later!          lol that can't be good

MP15NUT

The real NS Crap9's (:D) have high cab lights, the athearn model does not.  I always get in the fight with people that Say NS has to be the odd one when it comes to placing of Lights, but since the first Geep came out the door, all Lights and number boards were high, not nose lights like on Western and CSX wide cabs, so who was the odd one that went and changed the location?  Srry, i got off topic, its just that i hate Low lights, that is were the bell should be. (I love the CNW Gong Bell, im trying to see if i can model it on M-2s for my railroad!).  
MP15NUT
Modeling the NS Delmarva Secondary as the Delmarva Central

delcrr.webs.com
DELC is now on facebook!
Just search Delmarva Central!

NSMoWandS

MP15NUT,
The funny thing is... with the CSX ES44AC's somewhere in the 800 series the number boards went to the top of the cab... with the lights still on the nose. I think this was because CSX was the only railroad with the number boards on the nose and GE decided that it would be easier to make the design more standard... as in CSX didn't want to pay an extra charge on each unit.  Who would?

Badhorse79

CSX ES44AC 839 low numberboards
CSX ES44AC 840 hi.  numberboards
I guess I just had to find out and sorry for placing The C word in a NS palace 

NSMoWandS

Badhorse,
It's okay that you typed CSX here. It is NOT one of THOSE forums! haha!

Badhorse79

Well from the info about the order of 25 ACes I'm sittin pretty good now just have to wait and see if there's any newer additions as opposed to the M-2s but I'm sure it's all the same 

NSMoWandS

Badhorse,
    I would just wait... New ES44AC's and SD70ACe's? I would model the ACe first. (Even though it's junk... well everything but the Prime mover) It is more rare. Something tells me that in the next few years...ES44AC's on NS will be like all the railroads with the GEVO's. Every train... every day! Ha Ha!

Badhorse79

Well with the way athearn keeps pushing the date back the real ones will get here first the hobby shop I go to told me there being shipped as we speak? yeah what snail mail I have pre ordered one back in march or something like that Its a undec UP version my original plan was to do my dads freelance road the DM&L i think I'm gonna do it that way since I have a AC44CW painted for it and a train of redone RD4 marked DM&L Plus that way it'll save me a headache lol 

Badhorse79

Hmmm ! Athearn just released data for the SD70M-2's and there due July 2011 orders must be in before the 17th of DEC. They have a nice pic of one at
http://www.athearn.com/newsletter/101910/01_Gen_SD70M-2_101910.pdf can't wait It'll be a nice B-Day gift to myself lol

NSMoWandS

Just an update... The CSX ES44AC's that have the high numberboards were originally built for BNSF... They also have 4 side cab windows instead of 3. Found my answer...

NSDash9

Quote from: NSMoWandS on February 24, 2011, 06:40:48 PM
Just an update... The CSX ES44AC's that have the high numberboards were originally built for BNSF... They also have 4 side cab windows instead of 3. Found my answer...

Those units had nothing to do with BNSF.  GE began to work with the railroads to standardize its cab features in 2008. High numberboards, low headlights and the four-window cab sides became the standard with the new GE cab that was designed to meet the FRA cab crashworthiness standards that went into effect in January 2009.   NS still requires the high headlights on its units, but they have the four-window cab sides and the notch in the nose normally used for the low headlight is used to mount the holder for the NS cab door padlock.

Chris
Chris R. Toth

NSMoWandS

Chris,
I guess I was mis-informed. Thanks for the update!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk