What the?

Started by NS2593, July 28, 2007, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NS2593

NS 5801 was tied down in the Bristol Yard today on a side track and I didn't even notice that there was a CSX sticker on the frame stripe until I reviewed the photos on the computer. Why is it on there? Is it some sort of joke by a shop crew?

ssw9662

Looks like somebody in the shop had some fun, unless CSX did some maintenance work on that unit that I'm unaware of.  ;)

I've seen that a couple other times before, too. Look closely near the top of the nose on this photo (sorry about the softness).

BryanJones

Quote from: NS2593 on July 28, 2007, 11:34:31 PM
NS 5801 was tied down in the Bristol Yard today on a side track and I didn't even notice that there was a CSX sticker on the frame stripe until I reviewed the photos on the computer. Why is it on there? Is it some sort of joke by a shop crew?

Its no joke, the unit is equiped with an Ecotrans K-9 auxillary power unit (APU) and CSX is a partner in Ecotrans and has been involved with the developement and marketing of this APU. You will see this plate on any of the NS units which are equiped with these particular APU's as well as on CSX's own units and those from other operators.

Bryan Jones
Brooks,KY

NSDash9

The 5801 is equipped with the Ecotrans K9 APU (Auxiliary Power Unit). Ecotrans is a joint venture of CSX Transportation and International Road & Rail, thus the reason the unit carries the CSX environmental tag.

Chris Toth

NSDash9.com
http://www.nsdash9.com
Chris R. Toth

Michael Knight

I might also add that I beleive CSX accuried I.R.R.'s interest in the joint venture.

JCagle

I still find it funny that CSX has environmental stickers. I guess they are trying to do their part since their crash spill and explode modus operendi seems to be to cause as much damage as possible to the environment.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

NS2593

Thanks for the info! Here' s a link to a close-up of the CSXT plaque on NS 5208.
Photo taken by Warren Calloway:
http://wcalloway.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=828353

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk