where were you

Started by lwjabo, September 11, 2011, 05:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwjabo

Thought I would post this here as it's a day marked to remember.
Where were you on 9/11/01? I was on a south bound mix freight going into Rockmart when my Engineer got a call from his wife to tell us a plane had flew into the World Trade Center. While they were talking she told him another plane had flew into the other tower. We went on into Inman and swapped out. I drove home in deep thought. When I drove by Hartsfield it was the first time in my life I can remember not seeing planes in the air. It was a strange feeling for days with no planes in the air. I was a bit surprised as they let freight trains go through downtown Atlanta.

thpbears

I was sitting down stairs in the living room taking a much needed day off. Remember my soon to be wife came running down the stairs telling me to turn over to CNN. Saw the second plane hit live on there. Just thought it was a movie, how could this be happening. Alot has changed since then for us all. Prayers to out warriors abroad.

Badhorse79

I was downstairs sleepin and my mom came in and was telling me someone flew a plane in to a building I was a little groggy and was like what the hell are you talking about !? I got up and the news was on and they showed one of the towers smoking and that's when ... The second plane hit !!! I was total devastated I thought it was a movie later that night my work told us not to come in and that GE ( witch is right next to where I work ) was under a lockdown or something ! I had a nephew go active immediately after that and he was ready to fight the Sons a bitches who did this ! My heart goes out to all the families and Heros of the aftermath of this horrible act

steveiez

I was working at Neville Island Pa watching tv. I really thought it was a movie playing!
Steve

cmherndon

Charlottesville, VA (about 2 hours or so SW of DC).  I had gone to visit my grandmother that weekend and was preparing to leave that Tuesday.  I was sound asleep and she woke me up and told me that a plane had flown into the World Trade Center.  My first thought was that it was an accident.  That's when I saw the second plane hit live on TV.  I can't even describe my thoughts at the time.  My grandmother and I sat pretty much glued to the TV for the next hour and a half.  It was a really eerie feeling driving back home to Kentucky, and even more so in the days following seeing no planes in the air. The silence was just so weird.

We will never forget.

On another note, I interviewed my brother-in-law about 9/11 two years ago for a college history project.  He had just returned to the United States from a peacekeeping mission in Bosnia.  He is currently on his third tour of duty in Iraq.  Keep him and all of our other brave men and women in the military in your thoughts and prayers for a safe return home.
Caleb M. Herndon, KK4CDT
Frankfort, KY
http://www.cmherndon.com

"The human mind is like a railroad freight car; guaranteed to have a certain capacity, but often running empty."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk