T&S Gang 24 at Huntingburg

Started by NS Dispatcher, March 26, 2007, 01:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NS Dispatcher

Moved into Huntingburg yesterday and unloaded equipment to start working this morning. There should be quite a bit of traffic around Huntingburg between 0500pm and 0800pm from all directions waiting to get thru as the gang clears each day around 0500pm. I dont expect the gang to be a Huntingburg beyond this week as they will move to Evansville and then to the AWW line.

E.M. Bell

Tis the MofW season East of Louisville as well. By the amount of curve rail I have seen laid out everywhere, it will be a parking lot for a few days..

What are they gonna do with the AW&W?
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

nscnotp1

I second that Emmett. The welding gang has been sealing up some joints on single track around Nicholasville and a small tamper and shunt gang has been working on the CP at Wilmore all day.

NS Dispatcher

Now that NS owns all of all of AWW they are going straight in and doing some t&s from the begining. I dont know which part they will working on yet. Of course there isnt that much down there. I did find out that NS crews no longer leave mty coal trains to be loaded by AWW.  The NS crew takes it on to the mine and loads and then brings it back. I have no idea where the mine is and who is controlling the track no. You would think the dispatcher would know but I have seen anything. I do know the road foreman has been riding with them because the crews dont know there way around either.  Im not sure when this will happen but it will sometime. The AWW track that parallels the NS main from aww to Aryshire will be conjoined with the Ayshire siding making it about 5 or 6 miles long.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk