Fall color reports thread...

Started by E.M. Bell, September 18, 2006, 05:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

With all the rain this year, and no really bad storms in most areas, it would seem that we (KY & TN) and getting set up for one of the better fall color seasons that we have seen for several years. I noticed today at work that some of our trees are already showing signs of turning. This time last year it was dry and brown, and what leaves where left never turned..they just fell.

Everyone feel free to use this thread to report on the progress of the colors in your area. Im sure a whole bunch of us will be out in force if the season is as good as it seems it will be.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Hoydie17

Upstate NY is already experiencing some great colors.

We're getting nice azures, reds, and yellows.  A few trees are showing great signs of violet and orange as well.  

I'm figuring peak for us (North of Watertown) is about 3 weeks or so.

Water Level Route between Buffalo and Selkirk probably looking more like late October.  

Sean
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

JCagle

There's not a lot changing yet here in NC, but the official forecast for the year was released a few days ago.  The report stated that it would be a better than average year with peak about October 15th in the NC mountains. Luckily I have that week off!
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

ssw9662

Out here in eastern PA there's not much fall color yet, but parts of the leaves on some of the trees are starting to change color.

JCagle

Still not a lot of color here in NC yet, but some of the scrubby stuff is starting to turn a little. We'll need a couple more weeks and a good cold front to get it popping.

E.M. Bell

as of 10/03, the colors here in Central KY are getting better. I would estimate around 25% turned. Anouther week or two and it should peak..

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

cjr9703

Central Ohio's colors are warming up nicely.  The change has been a little earlier than I anticipated, but so far everything I've seen has been a nice mix.  My guess is the peak will be in a couple of weeks.  

Chuck
Chuck

JCagle

As of Saturday there was a little bit of color on the way up to Roanoke, Va. It's still not anywhere close to the brilliance that is coming in a couple weeks. I'd say we're at about 15% color and it seems to be changing rapidly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk