The Yearly Inspection Trip with the NS F Units on the CNO&TP

Started by Gage O'Dell, August 07, 2014, 05:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gage O'Dell

The NS OCS made a yearly inspection trip on the CNO&TP with the NS Executives on board.. It left Louisville bright and early Wednesday morning at 0800. I went down to the east end of Talmage at 0930 and proceeded to wait with a friend. Finally, around 1030, the F units rounded the bend at East Talmage and the chase was on. After Talmage was the 2 easy shots at Harrodsburg with perfect sunlight.

After my last shot at Harrodsburg, I made a mad dash up to Blanchet to wait for the OCS, knowing I would barely have enough time to set up for a shot. The mad dash turned into a joy ride after finding out the OCS would have to wait at Greendale for a southbound and would follow 60A toward Blanchet. The OCS is known for doing track speed at all times so it was a little weird having it pass by me at 25mph on a slow order.

Without further ado, below are the pictures from the chase, don't forget to check out my Flickr Page>>

NS 957 passes by the small country house at the East End of the Talmage Siding

NS 4271 and NS 957 split Harrodsburg in half as it rides through the "street"

NS 957 splits the signals at East Harrodsburg

After being held up in Lexington, NS 957 passes the Southern Searchlights at Blanchet

leroy

Great pictures...
Thanks for takin the time to share them...
leroy
leroy

NSMoWandS

E.M. Bell

Glad you got em there at Blanchet with the searchlights...sad to see all the revenue sitting around rusting to the rails though, waiting on the Red Solo Cup Express. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

thpbears

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk