Its Begun NS #8099

Started by NSD9-40CW, May 26, 2012, 11:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSD9-40CW

Well I've started on NS #8099, started by relocating the Front and Rear Headlights,the Nose Door, and I added the Rear Anticlimber. Also I built the X-Panels.
Railfan of the KCS and NS in Louisiana

NSD9-40CW

NSD9-40CW

Badhorse79

Nice!!! I think it looks great... can't wait to see the end product .... keep it up

NSMoWandS

Looks good. Did you re-use the light housings you removed... or are they new ones?

NSD9-40CW

I had just reused the light housings.

NSMoWandS

Nice job! When I try to do things like that... I either... 65% of the time I am sucessful, 35% of the time I destroy the part, and 35% of the time I cut my finger. I know that is 135%... but there is some cross-over where I destroy the part AND cut my finger! LOL!

NSD9-40CW

Trust me lol there have be times where i've sliced my finger wide open lol.

JWall

Great looking model so far. Can';t wait to see the finished product.  A suggestion as given to me by a friend on doing x panels would be to use .005 brass sheet or .010 copper sheet.  This way you don't have to deal with the deformation of the styrene in the glueing process.  I used this process on my C39-8.

J.Wall
Winston Salem, NC
James Wall
Rural Hall, NC

NSD9-40CW

Well I started Painting the Cab section, also this model will get real reflective striping along the Sill

NSD9-40CW

Badhorse79

NSD9-40CW

NSD9-40CW

NSMoWandS

That is coming along great! Can wait for the finish. Prob going to start the NYC ACe soon... ought to be fun... Again, Lookin' good!

Badhorse79

Can I just say.... that is probably the best looking rendition I've seen of this loco ... absolutely superb

stillbre

How does your pops feel about his grill now being Southern green?
Good looking model though.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

NSD9-40CW

Thanks guys, I cant wait to start decaling it, I also added the Front Grabs, so I'll post a pic of that later.

NSD9-40CW

Haha I don't get fussed at for it.

NSD9-40CW

Front Grabs Added an Painted

NSMoWandS

Are you going to make your own decals, use the NS4610 set, or a Southern set? And when finished... please don't send it to the coal fields.

thpbears

I can almost smell the paint as we did when its bigger counterpart came by us. Nice looking job.

Badhorse79

Yeah that's the winner right there complete it and get that loco in the contest ... its all yours if ya do that ... man that's gonna be NICE ....

NSD9-40CW

I plan On using Southern Decals sets, and it wont be going to the coal fields lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk