Time Flies...

Started by Ponce de Leon, July 13, 2014, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponce de Leon

I was scanning some "recent" slides this evening, and then noticed they were over ten years old. That's actually a fairly long time. Four of them are attached....a pan shot of a southbound SD60 at High Point, TN, a rainy day shot of a southbound rack train at Revilo, a snow scene at Frisco, TN, and four SD40-2s at Sunbright, VA. All of them are from 2002 to 2004.

So---I guess that was longer back than I realized. These were some of the last shots I ever took with film.
Ron Flanary

E.M. Bell

Hooooweee...all that EMD goodness  passing my favorite little church on the Appalachia District....excellent! 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Ponce de Leon

Quote from: E.M. Bell on July 15, 2014, 07:12:26 PM
Hooooweee...all that EMD goodness  passing my favorite little church on the Appalachia District....excellent! 

I'll have to admit, I exposed more than a few frames of film on that quartet of SD40-2s. Even back in 2003, it was getting rare to see them in matched sets. Today? Forget it...
Ron Flanary

lwjabo

Shortly after the merger between Southern and N&W all the Southern SD40 disappeared. They went up on the N&W and we got there worn out GE's. Our engines had full dynamic as there engines did not. Get below 10 mph and the dynamic simply quit. Our Engineers also hated there alerters. I know a number of times we had to switch out the N&W engines and put them on the rear if there was one Southern unit in the consist. Our Road Foramen told us our engines were sent to the coal fields.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk