NS heritage schemes from Lionel

Started by Badhorse79, March 31, 2010, 09:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

I was checkin out wathers online I did a quick search for SD 70 ACe and Lionel has some coming out later this year and there NS heritage kinda like what UP did there's conrail Virginia NW and southern I like the southern one .... To bad NS don't do something like this if ya haven't seen them already you should really check em out

NSMoWandS

It is odd that UP... The anti railfan RR does such a classy job on its heritage units and other railroads really don't do anything. I know there is 4610 on NS... but there are no PRR or NYC units... even CSX would do good to do a Chessie System multi-color 70's unit! Maybe it is just me.

Michael Knight

Quote from: NSMoWandS on April 11, 2010, 06:56:16 PM
It is odd that UP... The anti railfan RR does such a classy job on its heritage units and other railroads really don't do anything. I know there is 4610 on NS... but there are no PRR or NYC units... even CSX would do good to do a Chessie System multi-color 70's unit! Maybe it is just me.

One driving force behind the UP heritage schemes is that they allow UP to exercise its trademark rights to the names and logos. Note that UP created a stir a few years back when it began requiring model railroad manufacturers to license their products and pay royalties.

NSMoWandS

Yeah I know that they started that... and I know that CSX did a similar program... except that they only wanted to sign off on all things CSX and previous roads... no money changed hands... just wanted to keep a handle on their image... But as many people that love Chessie System, RF&P, B&O, C&O, ( I think I am the only one that liked the Seaboard System...haha! ) You would think that they would step up. I remember when the last C&O SD40 was accidently repainted... alot of people were reamed out for that... but if you look at the current CSX scheme... It is very close to the old B&O but mostly C&O schemes.

jjohns5182

There also was CSX 2667 which remained in seaboard system paint til CSX butchers, uh I mean painters, got a hold of it and put in YN3.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk