N & W CPL question?

Started by tq-07fan, December 21, 2008, 04:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tq-07fan

On the binkton Belt & Terminal Railway I am goimg to use N & W style position light signals. I have a question for those with experience and appreciation of N & W signals. At the ends of most sidings and sections of double tracks that I have seen on N & W both tracks get signals that can display clear, instead of some kind of diverging aspect for one of the tracks. I have a junction on our model railroad and wanted to know if both routes converging at the junction would get a regular head (Fig 1) or if one of them would have to use a diverging only head (Fig 2).  At the point of the junction there are no crossovers or any other reasons to receive anything less than a clear aspect. As you can see the crossover is at the next signal. This would be for trains traveling from right to left at the bottom of the diagram where it says 'HERE'. I would assume that both would get a regular head with the possible clear aspect, much like the end of a double track without any possiblilty of diverging routes. Both tracks are mainlines at that point. Any help would be much appreciated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk