Main Menu

Pier 6 Ann Decals

Started by thpbears, January 15, 2014, 06:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thpbears

There are HO Pier 6 Anniversary Hopper decals for a little over 9 dollars a pack on Ebay. He also has the Vet unit decals. Going to try and do me one.

NSyorktown

I'll go out on a long (yet sturdy) limb, and guess the graphics are for this car . . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norfolksouthern/9835929924/

thpbears

Yes that is the car. The person that made the decals looks to have done a nice job. Should be a nice hopper to add to the our roster.

thpbears

O Scaler just send him a message through Ebay. I asked him a few days ago if he could make the Pier 6 decals and here they are. He seems to do good work. I just got the Vet decals. They look as good as microscale. Hope this helps

NSMoWandS

I make my own decals also. I have found out that sometimes( I do it all the time )you need to spray a clear coat (dull or gloss) over the decals. Certain inks will "run" when put into water. Only a light coat is needed. Spray too much and the ink will run. Just FYI... as I found this out the hard way! DE Dan

thpbears

Thanks for the tip Dan. I found that out the hardway also. I guess I will take a precaution and spray a light coat on these just in case. Glad you reminded me.

NSMoWandS

NP Bears. Those "CAT" decals I made and sent to you are already coated... so, those are good when you get around to them. DE Dan

thpbears

Okay I still trying to get the sales building for the Cat dealer just right then they will be ready to go on.

Ladderpipe

The gentleman that has made these is a member of the Norfolk Southern Model Railroading group on Facebook. He is very open to suggestions and ideas to make his offerings a bit better. He is currently trying to fill the small void between Microscale and Shellscale. Mr. Shell is also on the group. He too is a very helpful and down to earth guy.

NSTopHat

ShellScale has announced that as a part of the upcoming decal set for NS Class HP28-30R Re-body Coal Cars, decals for the Pier 6 Car will be available.

Regards,
Russ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk