Lots of model railroad magazines in Goodwill in Danville, KY

Started by Bill Richardson, January 11, 2014, 10:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Richardson

Yesterday, Jan. 10, I went in the Goodwill store in Danville, KY and found a whole lot of model railroad magazines.  I'm not sure how many milk crates contained RR magazines--at least four I think, maybe five.  One was full of Railroad Model Craftsman, another was mostly full of Model Railroader.  The first one I looked through had mostly RR mags, which were mostly Model Railroader, with a few of the Craftsman type, and a couple of Classic Railroad.  I got one of those.  Two or three crates had RR mags and some other types.  It seemed like enough RR mags to fill three milk crates.  I bought only seven.  Another senior citizen happened to come back there and he picked up a hand full.  They are priced at 50 cents each.  I checked dates on some, and the oldest I noticed was 1979.  There may be some older.  Age varies widely.  I think I saw a 2005 date.  I checked contents on some of them, looking for something pertaining to NS.  Found a couple.  Seems like everything is represented in that collection.  Saw some articles with plans for building things, including old type snow sheds, trestles, and various buildings, and locomotive building/modifying.  I would like to have bought more, but couldn't go overboard.  There are probably still plenty in there.  I'm sure some of you would like to get some of them.  Lots of good material.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk