Main Menu

NS GP38-2

Started by Ladderpipe, March 21, 2013, 11:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladderpipe

NS GP38-2 #5182 in the works.

NSTopHat

Looks like you have a good start. What road number is she going to end up being?

Russ

Ladderpipe

Funny you ask because I had three requirements when I started this. It had to have a roof top A/C, plows and be painted in the Horsehead scheme. Most of the current roster only has 2 of these options, either Horsehead with an A/C unit or plows and an A/C unit. After an pretty intensive search, I didn't think I was going to find anything but thanks to NSdash9 (Chris Toth's site) I found 5182 and 5183 that just recently emerged from Altoona.

fireball451

Sounds like how I torment myself trying to come up with a loco to model. Endless searches of pictures until I find the one that has all the right options and paint!

Ladderpipe

Man, the "web" has really helped us in our modeling efforts hasn't it. When I first started, you had to go watch trains and hope that you caught what you were after. And roof shots were almost non-existent since there are very few overpasses near me. We used to go to Roanoke 1 a year and stand on the bridge next to the museum and burn 3+ rolls of film because I didn't know when I would get the opportunity again.

fireball451

I used to wear out magazines, NS roster books, calendars...... anything with NS engine pics hoping to find multiple shots of an engine. With the internet, I have managed to find more pic of engines I have already done. I have went back and re-done and modified details. Sometimes I am too ocd about things...

Badhorse79

Remember the withers books from the early 90s??? those books were gold to me !!! I remember using mechanical pencil lead for firecracker antennas , wire for fuel fillers !!

fireball451

Still have mine. They are well worn.

Ladderpipe

Mine looks like it got thrown across the room about 100 times...but I still use it. Absolutely the best book out there

NSMoWandS

If you guys own a scanner... you can always scan the pages and keep a digital copy! Dan

CAGY 2777

How's that ol 38-2 coming along?
Proud hater of RailPrics.net & their over inflated ego.

Ladderpipe

Very good actually. I haven't posted much progress but here is where I'm at today.

NSMoWandS

Very good indeed. Dan

CAGY 2777

Yeah you are coming along with it pretty good :)
Proud hater of RailPrics.net & their over inflated ego.

Ladderpipe

Here is the decaled 5168

chipallen16

NSMoWandS

Ladderpipe

By the way fellas, are my pictures posting sideways? It looks like they are but as soon as I click on it, it brings the picture up correctly

NSMoWandS

Yes, they are sideways... and when I open them, they still are. No biggie, my neck still works! LOL! Dan

Ladderpipe

Here is a better picture that hopefully posts correctly

Ladderpipe

Ladderpipe

Here are some photos in better lighting. You can never beat an old blue box with alittle time and effort

Ladderpipe

Ladderpipe

And last one...for now

Ladderpipe

lets try this again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk