My HO scale dash-8 works but still needs work

Started by jjohns5182, June 18, 2010, 05:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjohns5182

I'm not the most avid modeler but I found this spectrum CSX dash-8 #7732 a long time ago in the old shed when I moved in to my new house, and tested it yesterday and it worked. I was amazed it still works pretty good. However here's the problem, The handrails, couplers, roof horn, and a few other small details were missing when I found it. They don't sell these small details at my local hobby shop so what can I do to get these and complete this model.

If I get it up to best condition I might just see about trading it in for a spectrum NS SD60 if possible.

Badhorse79

Try walthers and search smokey valley for the handrails kit# 86 there nice looking but pricey 15.95 for the smaller stuff just try websites I go to highball decals for all my parts now also see if your hobby shop can order them?at walthers  you can choose a hobbyshop to ship to. you can have your order shipped directly to your home aswell
hope this helps ya
Eric.   

thpbears

I get alot of parts off ebay when I can't find them any where else.

jjohns5182

Will Walther's parts work on spectrum locomotives?

Badhorse79

Walthers is a catolog that has all kinds of detail parts that will fit what all are you looking to put on it

NSMoWandS

fireball451

Most all my engines get Athearn metal stanchions and brass wire for handrails. They hold up alot better than plastic.

jjohns5182

Where can you get these athean brass handrails from?

Badhorse79

Smokey valley has a nice set try www.smokeyvalley.com and walthers.com and search them up or your local hobbyshop and see if they can order them for ya

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk