For The Spencer, NC Crowd / Fans

Started by NSyorktown, January 23, 2013, 06:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSyorktown

Mods, I'm trying not to be a salesman, so am putting this "FYI" way down here in the Extra Board forum.  I have no ties to the DVD noted below.

That said, I truly enjoyed visiting the North Carolina Transportation Museum last July, and occasionally visit their website as I plan to head back that way something soon (to see the static displays I missed because I was more interested in the NS heritage fleet on that trip).

Checking out the NC Transportation museum's website last week, I noticed a "new" DVD of the heritage event:

http://www.nctrans.org/Gift-Station/Norfolk-Southern-30th-Anniversary-Heritage.aspx

I ordered the media and it arrived yesterday, and isn't too bad.  The program is a DVD set, Disc #1 is the AM program from July 3rd and Disc #2 the afternoon run-by's.

The production crews faced the same issues as everyone there, with people getting in the way and several bad angles.  They have a major typo on Disc #2 (at the 11:00 minute mark) when they call out the #1070 "Walbash" unit.  In all, the digital video is clear, and script well written (yes, it includes narration).

Over-all, the DVD is informative and very fun to watch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk