TD3 South End Dispatcher

Started by csx6900, July 02, 2012, 04:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csx6900

Hi all-

I'm currently working on the South End Dispatcher territory for Train Dispatcher 3.  I'm using a timetable from 2008 and a track chart from 2007.  Both still show the old track layout at Burnside.  Can anyone please explain the changes that have taken place there so that I can accurately depict it in my layout?  Thanks!

-Evan
Owner and Administrator of RailSightings.com

csx6900

Well, I conveniently found the information I needed about Burnside "on the side of the road" somewhere, so now I'm on to train schedules.  I can find 99% of the 100 and 200 series trains online, but can anyone give me a guide to extra trains and locals please?  Grain, coal, and ethanol are my main blank spots, but I'd also like some information about what locals work in what areas.  I know T36 works out of Emory Gap most weekdays, but how far does he work to?  Perhaps Dayton to the south?  Sunbright to the north?  Also, what locals work Oneida, Stearns, and Tateville?  Thanks in advance!

-Evan

EDIT: Oh, and one last thing.  I have divided mixed freight trains into two categories: "Manifest" and "Heavy Manifest."  I can adjust speeds due to grades more accurately with this setup.  What would you guys say classifies a "heavy" manifest train?  Perhaps length?  I know tonnage is the main factor, so what manifest trains on the South End usually run heavy?  Finally, once I get a list of the heavier trains together, what grade percentage will usually affect their speed?  For instance, will a 0.5% grade bring a train down to its knees?  Or is it something more substantial like a 1% grade?  Thanks again!

csx6900

OK, just one last thing.  I swear I can probably get the rest on my own from here.  :)

As far as the crew changes at Burnside go, do all trains change crews there?  Or do some trains (such as high-priority 229) go straight through?  Do any trains get refueled?  If so, how long will this usually take?  And last, but not least, it appears on Google Maps that they fit several trains into any given track at a time.  Is this standard operating procedure now?  Thanks again guys!  I think these are all of the questions I have.

-Evan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk