Good bye old friend, its been a fun ride

Started by E.M. Bell, June 17, 2012, 06:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Yesterday was a sad day for me, as I said goodbye to an old friend. I finally broke down and sold my old Chevy 4x4, and helped the guy that bought it load it on a trailer and watched it leave.

Anyone that has been a member of Jreb for a few years has seen or heard of the Green Chevy..she was a legend! . A 1994 K1500 that I had put over 300,000 miles on, most of that shooting trains. It had been to 28 states, and to a lot of famous places over the years... She would do a 100mph without breaking a sweat, and there was not a muddy road that I was afraid to take her on.  A couple of years ago, the main seal in the motor let go, and I parked it, figuring I would fix it up and get it running again one day.

Carmon seemed rather glad to see the old thing go, as it cleared up some space in the driveway, but it was bittersweet for me. All it needed was a new motor, a complete brake system rebuild, and a few electrical problems fixed....but I guess I am a Ford man now.  

So long old friend...it was a fun ride for sure...

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

stillbre

Ford man?!?  Say it ain't so.
That was a great truck.  Who knows, you'll probably see it running around Mercer and Anderson County again real soon.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

Badhorse79

Before that didn't you have another Blue Chevy standard bed !? I wanna say I've met you at Ford Kentucky once like 92-93 !  It was me n Hanks and we caught the Helper coming down and helping a train up the hill!  And I also recall that's the day I learned I was afraid of heights!  (We crossed the river using the abandoned second bridge! ) I could be wrong but I thought Ken said " Here's Emmett"

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

For what its worth buddy, I always thought it added a lot of character to your driveway. I guess it was just its time to ride off into the sunset. Adios!
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk