NS 8114, a graveyard and a tired mind.

Started by E.M. Bell, May 03, 2012, 11:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Last Sunday, after almost 12 hours of non-stop driving following the NS 8114, with only a couple of small breaks and nothing to eat but crackers and diet coke, Carm and I found ourselves in the big city of Yuma, Va. The train was doing a little switching, and I found myself wandering around a small grave yard, looking for a shot.

The sun was hard on the side of the tracks, and it was slim pickens as far as a decent composition was concerned. After I spent awhile pondering the situation and doing a bunch of test shots, I finally saw it...a shot that just worked. It was not the best of the day by far, but it would have meaning.

So, I present to you below, what my tired, twisted mind came up with there in Yuma. If you think about it a minute, you will get it (well, the older folks will anyway) . There are Two things that just go together (and I dont mean a GE in a grave yard either...that is just TO obvious!)  Anyone care to guess??

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

amzopff

"Taylor made" perhaps?

Sent from my Samsung Captivate

abdjones

For a guess....Just like a cemetary is a tribute/rememberance of a friend or loved one that has past, the NS Heritage units are a tribute/rememberance to railroads that have passed.

Jeff

Jeff

Ponce de Leon

Ron Flanary

Ptrainman

Nice shots E.M. You have a great eye for composition.

Paul
NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

Badhorse79

E.M. Bell

"Taylor" is indeed part of it, and the road name on the engine the other. In a round about sort of way, they belong together (if you think like I do).....someone has to be able to get this one.

Hint. 1 round.

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

thpbears

NS Taylor say it kind of fast to get the word Inisteller ( Probabbly spelled wrong) ?

E.M. Bell

OK..I give up....

The original NSRY was a North Carolina shortline. TAYLOR...Sheriff, Andy, Mayberry NC....

I guess the wife is right, no one really does think like I do  :) 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Badhorse79

Hmmm ... next time ... we'll think in side the Box... the TV box

blacksheep

seems like the only train on the andy show was one of those western lines. i'm thinkin it was SP but it might have been SF. it was the one where they shipped him out west to shoot the movie "sheriff without a gun".

E.M. Bell

I remember Two episodes with trains..one was UP, the other SP...one of those was at the "Mayberry Depot" to, with the Hobo that Opie took a shine to.... (yea, I like Andy)

And then you have the episode of the Dukes of Hazzard, the boys are being chased by Roscoe through the Georgia countryside, and jump the General Lee over railroad tracks, right in front of the SP 4449...classic!  :D
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Michael Knight

Quote from: E.M. Bell on May 05, 2012, 12:12:18 PM
OK..I give up....

The original NSRY was a North Carolina shortline. TAYLOR...Sheriff, Andy, Mayberry NC....

I guess the wife is right, no one really does think like I do  :) 

That's the first thing I thought of! I figured I was way off base though. lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk