Main Menu

DCC question

Started by Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR, August 13, 2010, 09:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

I dont have DCC on my layout yet, but recently bought a Southern gp50 with dcc.  I cant get it to move at all.  Is this because its looking for dcc signal? or is it a dud?
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Badhorse79

Not a dud it's looking for a signal what brand loco is it because some companys have for both but with dc you don't get all the bells and whistle literally 

its a bachman, it says DCC on board on the bottom of the fuel tank.  its weathered and has all the details of a true 50.  one of the best detailed engines I have, but honestly paid no attention the fact it had dcc when I bought it ;D
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

E.M. Bell

Maybe its just the pic, but thats the biggest SOUTHERN I have ever seen on a engine :) 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

MP15NUT

Bachman DCC engines with the DCC on bored are able to run on both DC, and DCC, the decoder is programmed for 03 in DCC, all are from the manufacturer.  The only problem is when that decoder is reprogrammed to a different number, i.e. the cab number like i do, then it will not run on DC, why Bachman does that, I don't Know,  Your best bet is to go to a friend who has DCC and see if he/she can get it to run on 03, or the cab number. 
MP15NUT
Modeling the NS Delmarva Secondary as the Delmarva Central

delcrr.webs.com
DELC is now on facebook!
Just search Delmarva Central!

NSMoWandS

MP15NUT,
   There should be a jumper pin(s)/plug that comes with the unit. The jumper should replace the DCC board and should enable the engine to run in DC. However the nifty features like ditch lights, horns, etc... might not be able to function in DC mode. Hope this helps.

well turns out you guys were exactly right about how my engine should work , but turns out it has issues. :-\ its in the shop now getting repaired, they think it may be the dcc unit itself has went out on it since it wont work on dcc or regular track. hopefully she'll be up and running soon.  thank you guys for your help you were exactly right in your descriptions.

MP15NUT

nsMOWandS,
Bachman DCC onbored are different then others from atlas, and athearn, you dont have to change any thig inside of it, but it on the track and it runs.  I know this because, i have one, and i sell them in train sets at train shows. 
MP15NUT

delcrr.webs.com
DELC is now on facebook!

NSMoWandS

MP15NUT,
  They will run even in DC without changing anything?

MP15NUT

yes, but when you reprogram the loco addreses then they will not run on DC layouts.
MP15NUT

delcrr.webs.com
DELC is now on facebook!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk