Main Menu

700 slug series

Started by Badhorse79, July 14, 2010, 11:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

I'm just about done with 713 and was wonering if anyone knows if the 700's have black number boards and white numbers on the rear and do they have rear ditch lights since there gonna be mated to 40's all the time plus is the top of the dynamic break fan covered ? I'm guessing they also have safety stripes on the rear pilot  if anyone could help me I'd appreciate it
thanks Eric .

NSDash9

The 700's do not have rear numberboards or ditch lights.  They have white numbers painted on the long hood end.  And they do have the white pilot stripes.  See this photo:

http://www.nsdash9.com/images/NS700tk2.jpg

Chris
Chris R. Toth

Badhorse79

NSMoWandS

What is funny is that NS keeps the headlights on the rear. I would think that they would get rid of them like CSX is doing. I really don't see the need for them. Also, Badhorse...  the pics I have of the 700's slugs show that the plug used to jump a dead engine ( NS has them and so do some other RR's ) is always plugged in on the slug sets. If anyone knows why... i would love to know the answer.

Badhorse79

Hmmm dunno .... The 2009-2010 NS directory Has a list of Diesels with Ditch lights and it said they have em on both ends but clearly not huh that's why asked because if it's gonna be mated with another engine why have em and the plug might be a charger for something internal  I just need to make that little Boxy antenna thing on the roof just in front of the AC other then that it's finished 

NSMoWandS

Badhorse,
The pics I have of 702 and 703 show that BOTH of them have ditch lights on the rear! Sorry buddy, not finished yet! haha!

NSMoWandS

Badhorse,
Sorry about that last comment. I just re-checked the pics... they DO NOT have ditch lights on the rear. I was looking at wrong pics! Sorry once again.

Badhorse79

Oh its all good I'm still working on the rear end anyway just added the stripes and MU hoses and other stuff it's a nice little engine after all 

"I'm not good at what I do just proud of it"

Badhorse79

I was just wondering about the box shaped antenna thing on a ground plain ? Am I close to what I think it is ?I have seen this on someother unit like D8-40C and GP50's

NSMoWandS

Badhorse,
You are correct... and as painful as this is... I re checked my pictures... NS road slugs DO NOT... I repeat... they DO NOT have ditch lights on the long hood... they DO have headlights... which CSX does not on some. I am sorry that I have told you mis-information before... I hope this doesn't become too big of a deal... Good luck and hope all is well on your layout.
                                                                                                             Dan

Badhorse79

Layout is dismanteled I'm currently working on a new one that is a basic 12X21 loop with coal floodloader balloon track extension and powerplant run off that is 2X12! A city in the middle and staging (yard) on the other side I'm gonna try and represent the city of Glendale Ohio so that way I can run some CSX as well....  That's my new place to watch trains since Arlington heights PD don't care for railfans anymore ... But I never did put the rear ditch lights on so no harm no foul :)   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk