Main Menu

ACe vs SD70 M-2

Started by Badhorse79, April 09, 2010, 07:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

I just pre ordered an undec BNSF version from athearn and the only major diffence I've noticed is the large box on the breakmans side of an ACe has two horizonal screens and the dash 2 has a few doors  this is the only visaul I've seen, if anyone can point out more please let me know! I've google pic'd as much as I could to see

Thanks

nsgelocos

though visually they are hard to tell apart except for some minor details, the major difference is the traction motors. The SD70ACe is AC traction, and the M-2 is DC. Correct me anyone if I am wrong. I'm not too familiar with these EMDs.
Aaron Beaubien
University of Kentucky
Mechanical Engineering

KCS,NS,Railfan

Your correct,and a few different inverter panels i think that's is what they are called are another difference. Also what Roads got em like for the SD70ACes heres the roads that got em

Kansas City Southern
Kansas City Southern de Mexico
Burlington Northern Santa Fe
Union Pacific
Montana Rail Link
CSX Transportation
Ferromex
CVG Ferrominera Orinoco
Then BHP Billiton of Australia got the SD70ACe/lc
which stands for low clearance

SD70M-2:
Norfolk Southern
Canadian National
Florida East Coast
CIT Financial (CITX)

Hows that helps out some.

NSDash9

The BNSF units have the HTSC (non-radial) trucks.

Chris
Chris R. Toth

Badhorse79

Oh well as long as I ain't gotta hack up a $250 dollar engine small details fine with me plus Black hides alot lol just a few minor adjustments and all is well thanks guys

NSMoWandS

Badhorse?
   L M A O ! You are worst than I am... How many projects you got going on now? HAHA!

Badhorse79

Lol let's see there's The F's,38-3,GP40-2 rebuild,2 SD40E, three exconrail dash 8's,SD80mac,kitbashing a ES40DC,SD60I, and the 70M-2 when ever that shows up and a partridge in a pear tree .... Hopefully all will be done by the time it does show up and... never forget the layout it's always under constuction 

NSMoWandS

I think only some of CSX's have non radial trucks. (pre-production test units) I saw a SD70ACe in Brunswick, MD Four days ago and it had Type II radial trucks. Unless it IS an oddball... I will have to sift through my pics to see.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk