athearn announces !!

Started by blue flag, June 19, 2008, 12:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue flag

i got email from athearn announcing , 3 new NS units, GP40-2, SD40-2 & SD60M, and there was already an SD40-2 w/ high short hood previously announced to come out this fall ~ So 4 different NS locomotives coming, each w/several different road number options!!

still waiting for 70M's w/ flared rads,  M-2's  &  Evo's

ns_7011

Mmmm sounds good, I wonder if the GP38-2's will be high hoods...nothing on their site yet about them yet though. About the ES40DC's and SD70M-2's Tower 55 is supposed to be releasing them sometime soon (meaning tomorrow - 3 years from now).
EMD all the way.

RJ

I got sick of waiting for t 55.....I am buliding my own 70m-2.....(check this weekend for Pictures).....

I am Happy that they are making a 60m......and I will Be buying one asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoydie17

Quote from: ns_7011 on June 19, 2008, 03:37:40 PM
Mmmm sounds good, I wonder if the GP38-2's will be high hoods...nothing on their site yet about them yet though. About the ES40DC's and SD70M-2's Tower 55 is supposed to be releasing them sometime soon (meaning tomorrow - 3 years from now).

Don't hold your breath on T55.  I spoke directly with Brian Marsh over the phone about 3 weeks ago, and he doesn't have the capital available to redesign his packaging ever since he was taken to court by Tower Hobbies.   He figured that would cost him around 50,000 just to get that part figured out and maybe another 50,000 to finish the molds for the UP ACe's and get them production ready.   After that, another 200,000 to tweak the molds for other roads and the M-2's and get them in production.

Unless he finds an investor with deep pockets to help pull him out of the hole, it's gonna be slim pickin's until Athearn or one of the big manufacturers does it.

Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

ns_7011

Ahh thanks, they aren't showing up on the new products page.
EMD all the way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk