2623 PTC NS Leader thingamabob

Started by Badhorse79, March 18, 2013, 05:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThoroughBreed

Theres plenty of interest between here and the NS modeling FB page.
My question is: When you draw this up, would you make the antennaes also part of the pad also? Or would we still have to buy them seperately? If you made the can antennaes at least part of it, it would make it very cost effective for buyers. (opinion)
I personally would love to see this in production, as I model modern with updates every time I see them.
TB8)

AD4YJ

The only thing that would NOT be included would be the "tubes" connecting the 2 main parts. These would be too fragile, and would be almost sure to brake in handling. The antennas would be included. I could post pics here before doing anything. If the parts are cheap enough, I could make it like a 2 pack or 5 pack or something. I believe their base shipping is like $6.95 or something, so you don't want a $2.00 part with $7.00 shipping....

Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

ThoroughBreed

Hey, I'm all for it!!! Love to see it!!
TB8)

AD4YJ

OK folks let the critics sing. The overall dimensions are in the model details. PLEASE measure them as I am used to doing N scale, not HO. They would only print it in FUD material which made it a bit pricier than I thought it would be but nothing I can do about that. I would like some feedback.

Paul

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1598660/thingamabob.html?li=shop-results&materialId=61
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

ThoroughBreed

TB8)

ThoroughBreed

Have you given any thought to maybe doing the new long antennae thats on the new SD70ACe's? Or the dual long conical ones on the new ES44AC's?
TB8)

NSMoWandS

Quote from: AD4YJ on December 31, 2013, 05:44:08 AM
OK folks let the critics sing. The overall dimensions are in the model details. PLEASE measure them as I am used to doing N scale, not HO. They would only print it in FUD material which made it a bit pricier than I thought it would be but nothing I can do about that. I would like some feedback.

Paul

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1598660/thingamabob.html?li=shop-results&materialId=61

Looks good! The FUD only is prob because of the small detailled parts. Still, under $10 is a great deal!!! DE Dan

AD4YJ

If anyone makes an order, I would like to see pictures. Would like to see the raw part....after painting, and after installation.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

thpbears

AD4YJ

Quote from: ThoroughBreed on December 31, 2013, 01:19:05 PM
Have you given any thought to maybe doing the new long antennae thats on the new SD70ACe's? Or the dual long conical ones on the new ES44AC's?

I can pretty much draw anything you want and up it to shapeways, but remember the shipping with them is $6.95 per order....so small items would need to be ordered in quantity. If you have pics or drawings of what you need with dimensions, I will see what I can do.

Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

AD4YJ

Shapeways informed me that a thingamabob has been sold. If someone on here purchased it, could you please post pics?

Thanks,
Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk