Admiral Cab Drawing

Started by Badhorse79, February 17, 2013, 09:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well got super bored today after qualifing so I decided to use Dash9s side profile pic of 6119 and blew up the pic till it matched a sideframe I had then I measured everything till I got (what I think is it) and will construct tomorrow ! So thank you chris for your websites detailed pic section

Badhorse79

Well I have the sides , roof and number board headlight pieces cut out ! Now for the nose and front & back of the cab

NSMoWandS

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

Man this is worse than the gevo ! And I spilled my plastic glue all over and gee it smells great ..... im in over my head  :o

NSMoWandS

Patience... it's just like benchwork. It will be covered up! LOL! Dan

thpbears

Yep after a coat of paint you will never tell any mistakes made. After spending the weekend putting together my Durango MOW equipment and after super glue all over my hands I painted it thinking why can't I do anything. After the paint dried it actually looks okay for my first builds. Either that or my wife swapped the pieces out with someone elses  actual models after feeling sorry for me. :D

Badhorse79

Sad thing is,  nothing in production can be used cause everything is 1 foot to 1and a half feet longer the only thing I see I can use are cannon Cab door s and the battery boxes are the same size as the original Engineers side on both sides so that'll be easy!!!!  But it can be done!  Its actually fun this is my first big project since July !!!

NSMoWandS

Quote from: thpbears on February 18, 2013, 06:48:03 PM
Yep after a coat of paint you will never tell any mistakes made. After spending the weekend putting together my Durango MOW equipment and after super glue all over my hands I painted it thinking why can't I do anything. After the paint dried it actually looks okay for my first builds. Either that or my wife swapped the pieces out with someone elses  actual models after feeling sorry for me. :D

So THAT'S where my MoW stuff went!!! Dan

NSMoWandS

Badhorse, I would also suggest using a "HO Scale" ruler. It is great for scratchbuilding. I used one for my Spike Puller's frame... and it came out awesome! Dan

Badhorse79

Got one never model with out it!!!

fireball451

I would like to get all the dimensions of the admiral cab. Been thinking of building one myself.

Badhorse79

I can jot em down and post them tomorrow for ya

fireball451

That would be great! THANKS!

Badhorse79

All in HO scale feet

Cab Sides : 8 and a half X 7'
Roof is same
Roof angles : 3 x 8 and a half
The battery boxes are 14 and a half both sides the conductor side is already that size
A cannon nose kit will work but its to round the new nose is more flat!
The Number boards I used from  a railpower products cab
a thin piece of styrene on the top adds the inch or two that's needed

That's about all I have for now! !!! Patent is pending!!!! Just a jokin

Badhorse79

Here's a peek at what I have so far !!! It still needs some sanding and the front end !

fireball451

Badhorse79

Thanks! !! Alot easier than the GEVO

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

Ptrainman

All Ive got to say is you have way more patients than I have. Looks great man. You should patent it and make some money.

Paul
NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

Badhorse79

Thanks Paul! !! I think drawing it out and then using a pencil to mark the styrene and a really sharp knife make it so much easier! ! I have no patients (im not a doctor) ... im super ecstatic it all matched up ! Next all the glue lines are gonna get putty and sanded down! Then I hope I can find a place that sells the lil rubber gaskets for the windows?  Cannon has cab doors and I think I may scratch build the battery boxes since there all kinds of different!  All this work and still no high hoods?

thpbears

Ptrainman

I typed patience but I must have hit the auto complete bar on my phone and it put patients. Dont you just love Smartphones. The main reason I have never gotten into modeling as much as I would like to is because I dont have a lot of patience. I would never be able to do stuff like this.

Paul
NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

NSMoWandS

Looking good Badhorse! Looks like Altoona! And Paul, patience is learned from cursing and smashing stuff!!! LOL! Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk