1002 (ACe) Roof detail

Started by Badhorse79, July 04, 2012, 01:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

I just put in the final roof detail on her so here's a shot

Badhorse79

Here she is On DPU duty going west to the Yard then up to Duke Power there she will be assigned to a small coal train back to the loader on the Wallow Creek branch

Badhorse79

I just thought of something! !??? Are the ACes set up for DPU service?

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

Yes I believe so, they come through lawrenceburg almost daily in dp coal service. You had my attention at "1002"  8)
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Badhorse79

Lol...thanks KIT... I know I.need to get that lil switcher made someday

Ptrainman

Yes they are set up for DPU and ECP. 1002 has been the DPU on loaded trains here a couple times, but I never had my camera when it came through.

Paul
NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

Badhorse79

Yeah I guess that was a dumb question.

Thanks guys

thpbears

Badhorse79

Me too .. just wish she had sound  ..and a ISO cab but ill live lol

NSMoWandS

Take a felt/ultra fine tip marker and make your own ISO-cab line! Dan Just a thought!

Badhorse79

Weird yesterday I taped her up to "paint lines and peeled the decals off lol so after I renumber it ill try that

Badhorse79

Had a set of decals that has a tiny lil Dark Blue stripe ... and I used that  ... let me know what ya thinks

Badhorse79

I also added the box "thing" on the conductors side of the fuel tank

Badhorse79

This is kinda a lil before and after pica

NSMoWandS

Looks good. I would weather the ISO line a little... but, you prob were already going to do that. And the tech term is "thingy" with a "y"  ;D Dan

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

I have to say that is a nice looking engine, and I don't usually like any engine designed to leave yard limits.  ;D
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Badhorse79

NSMoWandS

Badhorse, as per your "peeled the decals off" comment... do you seal your locos with dulcoat or glosscoat? I find that it keeps the decals on... and blends them into the paint to hide the edge lines. Just a thought. Dan

Badhorse79

I use semi-gloss before I decal ... then I use solveset but I only flat coat the areas I weather.... but now I've learned to tape up the windows so I can seal the whole shabang

NSMoWandS

Windows... and WHEELS! don't forget to tape up the wheels!!!! Dan :)

Badhorse79

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk