Main Menu

Rainy Sunday...

Started by NSMoWandS, April 22, 2012, 07:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSMoWandS

Well, sice the weather sucks... I decided to do some road work in my town Wilson.

NSMoWandS

thpbears

Looking very good. Your roads are just perfect looking. You and Badhorse are giving me alot of nice ideas for my new layout.

chipallen16

Good job! I'm looking forward to paving my roads.

-Chip  :)

Badhorse79

And he's giving me ideas lol that's why I enjoy this place ..
that is a nice lil.town MoW

NSMoWandS

Thanks guys... I still need to give the road my "special" treatment. Makes it look weathered and sun-beaten.

Badhorse79

Is the crossing BLMA or the walthers one and also the roads is that like a foam I seen on Modelrailraoder's youtube video they used a N scale cork yard bed painted black . I have some of the rolled cork used for messaging boards wonder how well that would fly

NSMoWandS

The crossings are BLMA. I color in the egdes and put some scrapes into them. The roads are foamboard. If you use cork... cover it with something... it not only soaks up alot of paint... it will leave the cork look through the paint.

NSMoWandS

FYI- If the foamboard is not secured properly and in alot of places... it may warp. Just secure it all around the edges and in many places in the center and you should be good. I think it happens after painting and the paint starts to dry, but cannot confirm if THAT IS the reason it warps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk