Yuuuup, I mean noooope

Started by Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR, February 28, 2012, 09:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

Sitting here watching storage wars and the Nabila chick buys a unit with a train set in it, she goes through it and pulls out a four axle UP bachman, typical cheap one powered truck, starter set type dud. She then holds it up and says "oh this is a good one, must be worth at least $200." Who says there's nothing funny on tv anymore  :) those are four dollar units at my hobby shop that people buy to practice weathering or cannibalize for a rebuild.
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Badhorse79

Lol ! Id like to find a storage bin full up of overland Modern Locos anything from 90's to Present!  Now that I would be happy about

Ed Fury

I'd buy cardboard boxes filled with HO rolling stock at the flea market in Texas for around 20 bucks. The last one I bought before I moved back to KY had 90 pieces in it. About 60 of them had knuckle couplers already installed. I bought 4 sets of an N scale bachmann ATSF F unit with 2 cars and a caboose for 3 bucks each. I gave one to my uncle, sold one for 15 bucks and kept two for myself.

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/bac/bac24008.htm

Similar to that set in the link.

lwjabo

KIT can you post your engine in a large picture. That is a classic.

lwjabo

thanks KIT. What is it? Looks like a yard engine but made like and old GP.

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

That's a H12-44 Fairbanks Morse, looks to be a later model one as it doesn't have the cab overhang like earlier one's did. FM did some cost cutting measures in later years so I am told.
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk