"Coming Soon" NS SD70M-2 (Athearn)

Started by Badhorse79, January 25, 2012, 06:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well I finally received an email stating I can Pick up the loco (well I get paid next week and it'll be mine ) Finally and also I stripped down my ace and im looking to modify it according to the NS aces now that there's a Lorraine pics out there now however it will still be 1002 (I really need to stop giving me stuff to build ) but that's my favorite thing if I could id open a detail shop

E.M. Bell

and of course when you are done with the NEW 1002, you will really need to do the OLD 1002...in Southern paint of course  ;D
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

thpbears

I love these sd70 ace's. I have two now. I see them go by the house more and more. They look so big and powerful. Almost like them as well as the sd40-2 high hoods. Almost I say.

Badhorse79

Oh yes em I might do it I have to locate a SW1 some where!  There's a show coming up in march hopefully I can find 1the and the ACes look like tanks from the front

thpbears

Your near the Asheville,NC show in March

Badhorse79

thpbears

Okay. I can't wait to get my nce unit in the mail. Have fun at the show.

fireball451

I need to quit giving myself project too.
Bet I have atleast 8 NS engines in various stages of build.
And I already got around 25 NS engines Ive custom painted and detailed.
And atleast 6 more factory painted that I have detailed.
Many times I strip factory paint and redo myself.
Looking forward to getting some new EMD power, but Im making myself get some others out of the shop:
Been going back and adding things to my current power too.
Building and detailing engines is my favorite part of the hobby.

Badhorse79

I enjoy scratchbuilding stuff too that Gevo was fun just wish I had more patients to detail thoroughly my bucket list "I finish detailing fleet " also I enjoy dirtying up them too

NSMoWandS

Yes, building is the best part. Just finished a crossing on an industry siding. It was m practice one... next stop... mainline crossing in town.

fireball451

Quote from: Badhorse79 on January 27, 2012, 07:32:45 PM
I enjoy dirtying up them too

Im having a hard time weathering my NS fleet.
Ive nastied my CSX units and a 3 N&W SD40-2's, but just can't bring myself to weather my NS fleet.
Ive lightly done a few, but seem to regret doing it.....
The dull coat is about as far as I go.
White on shiny black is tuff though Ive not left one shiny.....yet.....

Badhorse79

That crossing looks awesome MoW I cant wait til I get that far lol

thpbears

That crossing is very nice. Hope mine looks that good when I get the new layout ready

NSMoWandS

Thanks! The other crossing will be on "main street"... well "off main street".  I already made a circut to control the cantilever crossing signals... I need to install the crossing, signals and wire it up... should be fun... May need the help of a C&S guy. haha! As to weathering locos... only a new loco is clean. Or one that was just repainted. My fleet has dirty, super dirty, old and super dirty, new with a couple 1000 miles on it, Repainted with a couple 100 miles on it, and last but not least... just rolled off the line. I have said this before... there is NO wrong way to wather a loco or a railcar. FYI... I have started to take pictures of railcars with graffiti on them... and then copying the graffiti onto my HO sale railcars... will post pics of some first tries when I get some time. Happy modeling Y'all!

Badhorse79

Well I must say these locos are the "AWESOME" I finally got the Gevo from Intermountain and it is slick ! For the first time I have locos with sound (just picked up digitraxx zepher extra )man im a proud papa and im looking forward for more time letting the smooth sounding chugs and whirled whines and chanting primemovers while blasting the K5HL & K5LLA around my layout

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

chipallen16

Those are beautiful! My GEVO should have been in about a month ago--I just haven't received the call yet, and I'm honestly getting a bit worried!

-Chip  :)

NSMoWandS

Looking good Badhorse... all you need now is about 100 TopGons from BLMA! haha!

Badhorse79

Well I just put a bid on 7 of the Athearn bethgons with the new logo and shiny aluminum sides but I might grab some TopGons too! Also does anyone now if it is suppose to take forever to reprogram the address Its been about an hour already?  Its flashing bush on the display screen

fireball451

Shouldn't take but a few seconds to program the address.
I can't walk you through anything with Digitrax.
NCE is pretty much self explanatory as you do things with it.

That SD70m-2 is one heck of a mean looking engine.
Its on my got to have it list.

thpbears

I love the Sd70. Going to Appalachia in the morning. They usrally have some tied down right beside the road for easy pic taking. :D

Badhorse79

Well I've been bitten by the Ebay bug and wound up infected with an SD70M Demo 7008 nice looking loco however its being painted black and numbered 2588 ! $71.00 and got it in 2 days ! So with this loco makes my 70 series one shy of complete I just need a original standard cab 70 ! Ill post a thread of the completed 70 and a few roster updates and some project "what's next "I category

NSMoWandS

Badhorse, if...I mean when... you do a standard cab SD70... you should do it in Conrail Quality with a number patch. Just my two cents.

thpbears

Have to agree MOW I have two with patches. They look so good coming down the track. But I have fell in love with the new NS sd70 ace. They are just mean looking.,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk