Finally, the Outbound 09 Derby train.

Started by E.M. Bell, May 04, 2009, 11:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

After my plans for Sunday where dashed by NS running out of crews in Louisville and not being able to run the Derby train out, I pretty much figured I would not get to shoot the outbound train this year at all.  All day today (Monday 05/04) I kept getting updates from some of the JREB gang while at work.  At noon they where switching the train out, around 1330 they where getting ready to leave the yard, then followed a pair of Eastbounds out which really slowed their Eastward progress.   With all the delays, luck was on my side and was able to intercept at Waddy (KY) and the usual high speed chase ensued till I ran out of daylight....or cloudlight, what ever it was :)

For the Fourth day in a row, Central Kentucky was socked in with clouds, rain and other nastiness, but that kinda worked in our favor as it allowed us to once again shoot some locations that would have otherwise been backlit for this move.  That, and the fact they ran in a rather unusual A-B-A-B arrangement out of Louisville  (to facilitate splitting the train in Danville) made it a worthwhile evening. I think this is the first time since the F units came out in their new life that they have ran like that. All of that, and the chance to see a "vestpocket streamliner" after the split in Danville made fighting the rain and clouds most worthwhile..

I have all of the days pics in my Pbase gallery located at this link, feel free to take a look.    http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/2009_ocs

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

ThoroughBreed

Emmit, great pics!! I especially appreciate the ones with the details for the F-units. Those shotswill give me the correct placement of details to add to my set of them.
Thanks, Eric " ThoroughBreed"
TB8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk