Main Menu

help

Started by sd40-2 hh, August 05, 2008, 07:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sd40-2 hh

is there any one in florida tampa area that will wether loco?  if so what would you charge?

Backyard

8) One great place to start in Tampa, is Happy Hobo, 4040 West Waters Avenue, Tampa.

They should be able to direct you to local resources, including text materials.

The best things I can add(from my experience working in the North Atlanta area, for Dave Muller(dec.)Southern Scale Models), is to...

1.First clean the detailed carbody by washing in a mild mix of Dawn dishwashing liquid.
2.Completely dry, using a hair dryer.
3.Paint only when the temperature is 68? to 82? F. If your using Poly-scale or Floquil, let set until you can't smell paint smells(I recommend using water based(Badger) or alcohol based(Accupaint). It's a good idea to use a light spray of grey, for undercoating.
4.Paint only when the humidity is 40% or less.
5.Apply styling(decals).
6.Having not touched anything with your fingers, apply a gloss cover coat.
7.Use chalks to do your weathering.
8.Never use Dulcoat, or any flat finishing or paint. Engines are sent from the factory glossy, and then become dirty.

It's a good idea to never touch the carbody with your hands, reach over the carbody, or under it, touching the undersides.

Backyard/Allen

Backyard

8) Here's a great place to visit for help, The Diesel Detailer
Backyard/Allen

RJ

Or try to do it yourself.......Then it is yours.........but it takes alot of time to get used to it....and you can save the money to but more LOL ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk