NS Heritage Units ???

Started by Southern6482, January 03, 2014, 11:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern6482

Fellas, I got a question.  I really want a display of all 20 Heritage Units for my office and/or home in either HO or N Scale.  Does anyone know a manufacturer that is currently producing, or plans on producing, a somewhat inexpensive model that will be nothing but a shelf queen?  Needless to say I don't need DCC or sound.

dschlegel

Nothing inexpensive, but Kato is making non DCC Heritage units in N scale for around $100-120 per unit. I have five of them so far, and try run nice. It'd be a shame to shelve them and not run them.

NSMoWandS

Depending on how accurate of a model you want... Athearn has put the GEVO paint schemes on HO scale AC4400's. They are priced low. But, I also heard Bachman is making all 20(HO Scale)... and the price will be $90-$130 each... Intermountain make a DC version of the GEVOs... but, the lowest price I have seen for them is $140. MTH makes the ACe's... but over $200. Athearn is making the ACe's also... do not have a price...but, prob around $150(just a guess) for basic DC. Hope this helps. DE Dan

thpbears

I have 3 so far. I was hoping that someone would put out Dummy units but with DCC I guess those are a thing of the past. Sometimes you can get a deal on Ebay but that all depends on the bids of course. I heard a guy on YouTube say some dealers will sell even cheaper if you buy in bulk say all twenty at once. Good luck on getting them all,  hopefully our layout will have them one day.

fireball451

Athearn Genesis Aces non DCC usually go for around $150. They can run $125 up to $180 depending on the road name. Seems certain ones are a little hard to find. I would definitely stick with Athearn on the SD70ace. Unless Athearn plans on doing the GE in their GEVO line, then Intermountain is the only choice. The Intermountains are all DCC. Only choice is with or without sound from what I see. Looks like they are currently going over $160 depending on the road name DCC only.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk