Modern day cabbeese and the last Dash-8

Started by E.M. Bell, September 15, 2012, 07:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Last Sunday afternoon, Carmon asked me to take her into town for some ice cream, so I grabbed the camera bag ( NEVER go anywhere without the camera..even for ice cream!) and off we went. Somehow, shortly after we got on the road, she decided that we needed to go shopping instead (she says she forgot a few things...I say I got snookered) and I would spend the next Two hours doing something I cant stand to do (shopping)....but not before I made a quick stop by the small yard in Lawrenceburg  (Ky) to see what NS had to offer.  Not much was running, but trying to delay the inevitable, I took advantage of what I had. It was over all to soon....and I have yet to see that Ice Cream!

The bigger Pbase version of these, plus a couple more are at the link.. http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/louisvilledistrict2012_eb

As we where leaving home, a Westbound 705 coal train was going by the house. There was not really any good places to shoot a Westbound that time of day, but I decided to try my luck anyway. A quick B&W conversion, along with a little touch of high pass filter...NS 705 passes through the packed little yard at Lawrenceburg Ky 09/09/12  Artsy-Fartsy at its finest :)

The power for the T19 local was tied down for the weekend on the West Wye, and even though a GE, I guess it was kinda special..  If I got my facts right (and I am not all that up on my GE facts) NS 8763 was the last Dash-8 bought by the NS in 1992 (back when a GE still looked kinda cool).  

The 8763 with the old Kentucky Overall building in the background.

And one last shot... A pair of modern day cabbeese sunning on the rack, waiting for Monday and the chance to go back to work.  If you ask me, these are sure not as pleasing to the eye as the less modern version..and I have yet to have one wave back at me.

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Badhorse79

man... I love that top pic... and Im putting my flack jacket on for this,  but... I love those D8-40C's im not sure why but those are slick looking locos

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk