NS freight traffic out of New Orleans?

Started by D300, October 21, 2010, 09:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D300

Currently a good buddy is down working a lot of lines south of Atlanta. He has made it all the way to the Lake Pontchartrain Bridge twice in the last couple of weeks.

He is curious what the freight traffic is like moving over the bridge? Are there any scheduled trains that show up at reliable times if all is right with the railroad? He has shot Amtk a couple of times, but would like a freight.

Can any one offer any help?

D300

D300

Making a second attempt on this post since no one ever answered. Has anyone been to this area?

D300

High Speed Kurt

Hi,
I live in new orleans...I get to see the interchange traffic to and from the ns. Here what I see:

Ns delivers to the cn to and from (mainly chemical traffic)
Train to and from the bnsf
Train to and from the up
There is a pig train in and out...as well as at least 1 mixed frieght in and out
The ns serves chalmette which has a couple refiniries and a sugar mill
2 amtrak trains a day

That's all I can gather off the top of my head

D300

Kurt,

Thanks for you info. Could you elaborate when freight might move over the lake Pont. Bridge. All I ever see is a photo of Amtk on that span. My friend wants to see some freight.

How many freights a day move over in in daylight.

D300

NSMoWandS

To the north is Slidell... pretty safe. South... uh... better not... As for schedules... they have set target and release times... but as far as a set time everyday... no.

Ed Fury

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk