Any JREB brethern going to Michigan next weekend??

Started by E.M. Bell, July 15, 2009, 10:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Anyone on the board gonna be up at the steam fest next weekend??  Gregg (c5del) and myself are leaving Wed night..
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

swinstandley

I'll be there on Thursday and Friday.  Parking should be interesting. Owosso's not big enough to hold thousands of railfans looking for a place to park.  If you're not riding on an excursion, but want to see the train, head for Alma, where it will be turned using a wye in that town and will probably spend some time there before the return trip. The Lexington, KY based 1:8 scale Southern Cresent Limited 4-6-2 steam locomotive is supposed to be in Owosso for the festival.

E.M. Bell

Except for the Night shoot, I doubt we will get very close to ground zero, except maybe once. I would much rather shoot the mainline and one hour trips and avoid the foam as much as we can. 

The PS4 you said is coming, is that gonna be the one that Joe Holbrook purchased from the J.O. Johnson estate?? 

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

swinstandley

Yes, from what I heard, Joe is going to run it in Owosso.

J-man

Sounds like a good time!  I love steam but have rarely seen them in person.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

E.M. Bell

Hey Josh, throw some drawers in a bag and ride up with us for the weekend. We are taking a "sigh" Minivan...got plenty of room if your not back to work yet.  Cheap trip, good times....big steam.. you know you want to  :) 

I had the chance to run the PS4 several times when Mr. Johnson was alive. I always loved the engine. I will go digging through the archives tonight and see if I can find some 0ld pics of the track he had out on his farm. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

swinstandley

E.M. Bell

She is still a beauty!  I wound up being out all night, but I will dig out those pics in the next day or two.. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk