Trains and Locomotives

Started by JCagle, February 09, 2009, 10:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCagle

I was just wondering if anyone other than myself watches "Trains and Locomotives" RFDTV. There are lots of great old videos on there and if you are in to vintage stuff it is definately worth a watch.

For those of you not familiar with it they typically have a full hour of vintage footage from all sorts of railroads all over America. Most of the footage is by amateur cameramen. They focus on one road and usually one videographer's collection from that line. It is narrated so that you know what is going on.

If your cable or satellite provider offers it it is definately worth a watch.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

mbgphoto79

What channel does this come on?

Backyard

8) It's a farming network...

Your cable provider must subscribe to it here...
Backyard/Allen

Gage O'Dell

JCagle

Quote from: mbgphoto79 on February 09, 2009, 11:10:25 PM
What channel does this come on?

It is on RFDTV. If you are on Time Warner they don't offer it, but just about everyone else does. I know both satellite providers do.

blacksheep

I've been watching this show for years. When we got to the 21st. century and got a DVR I filled it up with these shows. I've seen 1218,611 and one time I even saw 4501. This weeks show has some info on the Rock Island and other midwest roads. People who like anything F7 or older will like this show.

JCagle

I discovered this show about 5 months ago when I got rid of cable and went to a dish. They had one on a week or 2 ago on NKP. It was amazing to see the video of all the well known NKP Berks at work. It almost made me cry to see the sidings full of the Berks in yards when they canceled the steam program.

CAGY 2777

Suprisingly enough of all people my mom watches this.  ;D
Proud hater of RailPrics.net & their over inflated ego.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk