A little more Conrail.

Started by E.M. Bell, June 16, 2007, 09:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

I was piddlin around with the archives again tonight, and thought I would share a few more from back in the day. I dont think I have put these on the board before, and If I have, forgive me for boring you with them twice.

A Eastbound Conrail OLS OCS somewhere near Eaton Ohio in 1995

Conrail E8 #4022 in cold storage at the CSX Huntington WV shops. This was post merger, after all the OCS stuff got divvied up. NS got the lions share, and CSX got the scraps.  Was this the Ex ERIE unit that went to private hands?

Conrail 7716 powers a transfer run to the AA in Toledo Ohio. I cant remember the name of that tower right off hand, but this was a busy place.  1993

CR 21262, a former NYC N21 class cabbose, in private hands and restored. Located on the SWP at Uniontown PA when these shots where made in 2003

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

ssw9662

Great photos! I always enjoy seeing Conrail shots, I really like that one in Toledo with the GP38.  :)

QuoteWas this the Ex ERIE unit that went to private hands?

Yes, it is.

JCagle

Nice stuff! There's probibally a ton of stuff in those archives you have.  With the archive you have to have I know it makes you enjoy the digital revolution.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

CP Alliance

Just what I wanted to see.  That is a real OCS.  Nothing like some E8s pulling a train and in some cool paint none the less. In case you don't know, it is actually a very dark green and not black. I never believed it until i saw one os the E8s in Altoona in the sun.  Great Stuff

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk