Good Radio Prop This Afternoon

Started by brawnch, July 20, 2006, 02:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brawnch

The combination of heat, humidity, and thunderstorms seems to be providing some improved radio reception this afternoon. I was able to pick up the south end dispatcher giving 23A's to somebody at Cumberland Falls on my handheld scanner on the Northeast side of Louisville. I was also able to hear the tower in Danville a couple of times.

E.M. Bell

The radio has been good all week, at least here in Central KY. Iv been hearing a lot of South end stuff and even the Knoxville West DS on a regular basis. The summer months are good for some great tropo skip in the evenings!

Check out this site for tropo forcast. Be sure to select Easter USA, as this covers the globe.  http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo.html
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

E.M. Bell

Radio seems to be good tonight again. Im hearing Louisville tower as good as I am hearing Danville..Just heard someone call a signal at Bradley Ave in Louisville as well. The prop has changed twice tonight already..currently good West, but earlier I was hearing the CT dispatcher again, along with trains way South on the 2nd..  You gotta love summer prop!!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk