Eastbound coal--Shelbyville KY

Started by John D, September 25, 2010, 07:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John D

For us rail fans here in Shelbyville it's usually just one auto-rack train after another.  So any other kind of train is welcome!  Imagine my surprise to see an eastbound coal drag tonight...with distributed power no less.  Total of 5 engines (3 on the point and 2 pushing) and the coal cars had mostly HYWX reporting marks.

Wyoming coal headed to Georgia??

John D
John D

E.M. Bell

Indiana Coal headed for GA. Those have been running about twice a week since Early March. If you caught one in the daylight, feel lucky!  I have only managed to shoot Two of those moves. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Ed Fury

The empties went through Beuchel Westbound Thrusday 09-23-2010 at 11:15pm. The train was doing about 10 mph. I've never seen one that slow coming down the hill from Jeffersontown into Buechel. NS 7677 was the trailing dpu.

srman

Actually we currently have four coal trains that are moving on the Louisville Division. Two empty and two loads. NS 792 and 793 which are moving between southern Indiana and Georgia and NS 895 and 894 which are moving from a power plant in Tennessee to Louisville. At Louisville the PAL takes the train to Grand Rivers in western Kentucky and brings back the loads and hands over to the NS.Sort of backlit but I caught the 895 empty at Waddy on Friday with Dash 9 9004 leading. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk