Hanjin Trains

Started by doug8694, August 23, 2009, 04:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug8694

There used to be a train of mostly Hanjin double-stacked containers that traveled to and from Chicago on the old Nickel Plate in the mid-to-late 1990's. Does anyone know if this train used the Rathole to get to and from it's final destination and if so, was this train still around until 2001?

Thanks,
Doug/Dyer, IN

doug8694

Do you know it they ran on the Rathole in 2001?  I will be modeling the Rathole circa 2001 and I need to sell all of my Hanjin containers or not......

TYVM/Doug

doug8694

I'm sorry, let's try this again.  Do you know if this Hanjin train ran on the Rathole in 2001?  I will be modeling the Rathole circa 2001 and I need to know if I need to sell all of my Hanjin containers or not.....

TYVM, Doug

doug8694

redside20

Hi Doug
the answer is yes. The NS did run a handful of  dedicated Hanjin stack trains across the NKP  as well as dedicated stack trains from NYK, Sealand, and KLine. The Hanjin trains would run like every other day and on an infrequent basis. here were some of the train symbols
272-don't know what stack train this was, maybe an NYK or Kline. often ran from Chicago to Canada-maybe Toronto or Montreal
274-EB Hanjin stack train from BN/BNSF and terminated at Little Ferry via the Susquehanna
275 WB Hanjin stack train from Little Ferry to Chicago
268  ns intermodal train that ran from Binghamton to Chicago with intermodal blocks from Albany, Scranton and New Jersey, often had lots of Hanjin containers. ran in conjunction with CP
269 the opposite of 268. lots of Hanjin containers
290 The CSX stacktrain that ran on NS out of Little Ferry and Susy Q. sometimes would combine with 275
291 wb opposite of 290. sometimes had Hanjin containers
205 and 206 sometimes had Hanjin containers on them

Quote from: doug8694 on August 23, 2009, 04:26:47 AM
There used to be a train of mostly Hanjin double-stacked containers that traveled to and from Chicago on the old Nickel Plate in the mid-to-late 1990's. Does anyone know if this train used the Rathole to get to and from it's final destination and if so, was Sealand and Hanjin.  I believe NS had several trains dedicated to Hanjin and they ran on infrequent schedules.

doug8694

Wow redside, that's a lot of good info.....did any train that was all or mostly Hanjin run on the Rathole in 2001?
Thanks,
Doug/Dyer, IN

redside20

Doug

I'm not 100% positive, but i don't they ran solid Hanjin stacks down that way.  there were hanjin stacks to be found on trains like 236/235 or maybe
230. I'm not sure about 215 or 216

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk