NS Station Location & Milposts

Started by Big Bri, September 16, 2009, 01:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Bri

Hi All,
   Does anyone on here know what location A251 is?

I know that:
323          is Linwood,NC(Spencer Yard)
A630      is Meridian, MS
10129    is Crewe,Va.
10254   is Roanoke,Va.
10354   is Bluefield,WV
148H     is Atlanta,Ga.
etc.

But where is A251?

Thanks,
Bri

Big Bri

Also,where is "SCX"?   I do know that it is a location where engines are given their 92 day inspection.
But where is it? And what does SCX stand for?

Thanks,
Bri

Beavis

Big Bri

Thanks Beavis!  Much appreciated.

Bri

NSDash9

SCX = Shaffers Crossing Shop in Roanoke, VA.

Chris
Chris R. Toth

Big Bri

Cool!!!  Thanks Chris. Big help!!

Bri

Big Bri

....speaking of NS Station numbrs and names, here's an interesting page I just found:

http://www.blet375.com/station-master.pdf

Everybody, please  feel free to add more to this page I started.

Thanks,
Bri

E.M. Bell

Anything with the "A" prefix is on the CNO&TP between Cincinnati and Chattanooga.  A0 (Zero) is Cinncy, A114 is Danville Ky ect...

Anything with a "W" suffix is on the former Western Div between St. Louis and Danville KY.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Beavis

For informational purposes, Chattanooga is 240A.

Big Bri

Thanks guys,
  Okay, speaking of the "A" prefix locations, I need the locations for these 4 mileposts, please:
A180
A321
A489
A512

And while we're at it:
134N

and where is "TRRA"?

Thanks Lads!

Bri

DHH3B

a489 is bessemer, al.  a512 is vance, al where the mercedes plant is. the 134n is roberta, al where 60g empty rock train from meridian,ms terminates and 61g loaded rock for meridian originates.  also 63m empty cement train from atlanta terminates, and 69w loaded cement train for atlanta originates. TRRA -i don't know ive seen it somewhere but can't recall where. the a180 and a321 i cannot find gotta be somewhere close to chattanooga.

ssw9662

Could TRRA be for the Terminal Railroad Association in St. Louis?

Big Bri

That makes sense Austin!
Okay, 2 more locations needed:
CD422
KS103

Thanks Lads,

Bri

Big Bri

And.....here's a few more I need locations for:
77H
CC295
C300
C352
B470

Thanks,
Bri

Big Bri

Neither!  My good friend is an engineer on the HBG division and keeps wondering where all these numbers ARE
when he fills out that daily inspection pamphlet that he says is kept onboard each engine.
So I figured I'd ask you guys since many of you on here are either employees or railfans from the South.

Is there a complete NS Station name and numbers PDF or Timetable that any of you can get a hold of?
I have the large PDF of the NW station names and numbers file. Any assistance would be most helpful so I can just make my friend a copy and he can have all the answers!!    lol

Thanks Lads!

Big Bri

Big Bri

You're quite welcome! That's what Friends DO!!
If anybody on here has a complete listing of NS Station names and numbers I would greatly appreciate it.

Since the NW one I personally have is in PDF form, I'm sure there must an NS one as well?
Thanks much for any assistance.

Cheers,
Bri

RalphWL

Quote from: Big Bri on September 28, 2009, 07:06:19 AM
That makes sense Austin!
Okay, 2 more locations needed:
CD422

Thanks Lads,

Bri

CD422 is Elkhart IN

Big Bri

Hey Gang,
   If anyone can oblige again for my engineer friend on NS?

Where are:
CJ212
CJ229
0Y1

Thanks,
   Bri

Railroad80

242h  Macon, Ga.
g152  Valdosta, Ga.
g258  Jacksonville, Fl.

Big Bri

Already have those my Friend.
Need the ones just posted.

But Thanks all the same.

Bri

lwjabo

Quote from: Big Bri on October 01, 2009, 12:56:07 PM
And.....here's a few more I need locations for:
77H
CC295
C300
C352
B470

Thanks,
Bri
77H would be Forrestville Yard (Rome) Think C352 would be Cedartown Ga. K13 would be Krannert or West Rome. Southern gave all there lines a prefix of sufix letter. The H line starts at Ooltewah and the 15.2H and goes to Dalton, Rome, Inman, Atlanta down the Souther side through McDonough to Macon on to Brunswick Ga. The prefix C is the Central of Ga out of Savannah to Macon up to Atlanta through Griffin. The I line starts at Cleveland Tn goes to Cohutta ga. The K line starts at Fox just south of Forrestville and ends at the long yard Krannert. Way back it went to Alabama but they cut it when they built Lake Weise. At one time on the Southern every field signal had a mp number and it's prefix or sufix letter also. They removed them in the late 90s from memory. The numbers are still there but the letter were removed. Think the old N line was the line from Atlanta Jct to Selma through Aniston ala. Atlanta Jct was down just south of the Signal at Smith. The line off to the SW under the bridge. The old Rome Yard was there but moved to Forrestville in the 60s.

lwjabo

The A line I think starts at Briston Tn. Anyway to Knozville, Cleveland and Chattanooga, Then to Sherfield Ala then on to Memphis. Not sure what or where the B line is. Doubt it's in Georgia. Could be a line out of Knoxville? There is more than one. By the way there was a F line. It orignated at or near South Yard on the H line in Atlanta. Went to Hapeville Fayetteville to Williamson Ga and on to Fort Valley. The line is left at Fort Valley but leased out. A&F Jct was near Williamson where it spit from the M line. Again most of the M line is gone. Just from McDonough to the school. Some around Griffing and a piece out of Columbus. They may have close that but was some switching at Myers when they cut the line. Might correct my self. Cedartown may be the CC352. Think Griffin was the C252. My guess that Southern had a C line when they took over the CG they just made the letter a prefix. So the prefix C would be on to Atlanta and the CC prefix would be the Cedartown side.

lwjabo

I was right about the CC352 being Cedartown. The prefix B is the Thomaston Branch. The Rock is B242 and Thomaston is the B251. I was right that Griffin is 251 mp but the station number is 1243. No prefix of sufix. The prefix G would be the old GSF from Macon to Jacksonville. So G1 is Edgwood and the numbers get bigger. Valdosta would be the G152. From my old Crew Managment book. Now its a few years old. So posible some changes? Some day I might tell you about the Cohutta Mule. From the days of Cowboy Mintz.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk