NS Train Symbols

Started by Chase55671, August 20, 2007, 09:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chase55671

Does anyone know of a site that I can go to see all of the NS trains and where they run. There is www.bullsheet.com for all the CSX trains. Is there a place like that for NS?

Chase

JCagle

Buddy used to have an excel spreadsheet with all the symbols on it. Check out his website and see if it's still there.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

E.M. Bell

Alex Wills site is about the most complete and up to date system wide listing that I know of. Trains numbers are sort of a dynamic thing, that can change at the drop of a hat, but this is a real good place to start. You will need to have a newer version of excell to open this..

http://www.angelfire.com/sc2/nstrains/NS_Trains.xls
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

I was about to say I checked and Buddy let his page lapse since he is no longer in NS territory. A lot of the time if you just know what series it is in you can pretty much know what it is. The tricky things are special moves and reroutes from other railroads and things of that nature.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Chase55671

Thanks everyone! I downloaded that symbol sheet and seems to be working great! Now all I have to do is remember all the symbols for when I'm out railfanning.  ;D Thanks again!

Chase

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk